WordPress is one of the platforms we use here at SEOcycle for our web development and web design services. In fact, while we also work with Shopify, WordPress is our preferred website development platform for an array of reasons:
- WordPress supports better SEO outcomes
- WordPress makes it simple to add functionality
- WordPress is more affordable to host
- WordPress delivers visually appealing, unique websites
What is WordPress?
WordPress.org is a website building platform and content management system that was founded in 2003 as a blogging platform. (WordPress.com continues to be a blog hosting platform).
A content management system (CMS) is a set of web-based tools which support the creation of digital content, as well as its modification as needed. Its open-source software is simple to use; anyone can study its code and compose their own plugins and themes, enabling the creation of a vast array of website types.
In short, it is the simplest way to create a website – no matter how simple or complex that site may be.
In 2021, WordPress powers at least 40% of all websites on the internet – this represents more than 160 million active websites online today.
What Types of Websites Does WordPress Support?
WordPress is used worldwide by everyone from large corporations and global brands to individual bloggers. It can be used to create a myriad of different website types, including but not limited to:
- Business websites
- Personal/Family Websites or Blogs
- Business Directories
- Membership Sites
- Social Networks
- Religious Sites
- Non-Profit Sites
- College/School Sites
- Photography Sites
- Job Boards
- Online Communities
- Auction Sites
- Podcast Sites
- Wiki Sites
Some famous websites that are powered by WordPress include:
- The White House
- BBC America
- Microsoft’s Official Blog and News Centre
- The New Yorker
- The Rolling Stones
- Sony Music
- The Official Star Wars Blog
- Sweden’s Official Website
- Time Inc.
- The Walt Disney Company
- Facebook Newsroom
- The New York Times Company
- Snoop Dogg
- Mercedes Benz
- Harvard Gazette Online
WordPress for your Business
- WordPress, unlike other website building platforms, is 100% free to use. It does, however, require that you pay for domain name registration and web hosting.
- The platform can be used for any purpose, and you have freedom from censorship or violation of terms of service when you use it.
- WordPress can be customized without restriction.
- You may need to purchase premium extensions or themes at an additional cost but these are very affordable.
- The platform is incredibly flexible – and there is most likely an existing plugin /extension you can use for the type of website you wish to build. If not, these are easy to create by hiring the right professional web developer.
- Uniquely, WordPress maintains separation between content, design, and functionality. This enables data portability so that you may add content regardless of design; add new features without impacting existing ones; and modify your site’s design without changing your content.
- You own your website outright and have complete control of your data and files.
- You are in charge of your site on an ongoing basis – keep it simple or expand it as your business grows and evolves. The platform supports the implementation of SEO best practices to improve your online visibility.
- You are not tied to any particular hosting company. (Furthermore, when you choose SEOcycle to design/develop your WordPress site, we have no ongoing fees or charges – once we deliver your finished site, you own it unreservedly).
- With WordPress, you have access to a vast catalogue of add-ons, plugins, extensions, and professional applications to extend/expand your site.
- Customise your site with thousands of existing design templates for customization or hire a graphic designer/web developer to create a bespoke product for you.
- Your existing payment gateway, SEO tools, CRM software, lead generation tools, and email marketing software will seamlessly integrate with WordPress.
- As you are in the driver’s seat with your site, you are responsible for maintaining your site’s security, installing updates, and backing up.
- Certain features (e.g., drag-and-drop) may be difficult to learn and require a professional web developer to implement.
- If you wish to manage your site on your own after it has been delivered, some basic working knowledge of CSS and HTML is helpful.
Contact SEOcycle Today
We deliver bespoke, stylish SEO-optimised websites, with a focus on small businesses (including sole traders) and medium-sized businesses. No matter what industry you work in, no job is too small and we offer everything from simple static business sites to eCommerce websites.
When we deliver your finished, approved website, you have 100% ownership and freedom to make changes as you need to. Of course, should you wish to hire us to make additions or updates to your site at a later date, we are only a phone call away!
A few examples of our completed website jobs include:
- ICE Engineering – a Ballarat-based Metal Fabrication Company.
- Elite Trophies – a Hornsby-based online trophy, awards, and medal store
- Flores Ryan Construction Law Attorneys – based in Pasadena, California, USA
- Don Raphael Pizzeria – Sydney mobile pizza catering truck
- Skilled Visits – at-home physician/aesthetician cosmetic treatments in New York City, USA
- Sydney Park Plumbing – Sydney Commercial & Residential Plumbers & Gas Fitters
- CatBird – Australian Indie Band based in NSW
- Creative Feng Shui – Accredited Feng Shui Master in Sydney
- Inergy Systems – Intelligent Energy Solutions in Scottsdale, Arizona, USA
- Light Aspect Images – Property Photography in Perth
- EcoVision Australia – Land Management Consultants based in Victoria
For stylish and affordable web design and web development, with or without associated SEO services, choose SEOcycle today. Based in Sydney’s Hills District, we work with clients from Parramatta to the CBD, throughout NSW and Australia, and internationally.