Happy New Year!
It certainly doesn’t seem like 12 months since our last “New Year” blog article – but here we are!
A new year brings a fresh outlook, and just like spring cleaning season, it’s a great time to take advantage of feeling energised and consider how you want your life and your business to look going forward.
- Is it time to implement an affordable SEO strategy?
- Is it time to revamp your brand identity or implement a new website design?
- Is it time to exploit social media to improve your SEO results?
What To Know About SEO in 2023
SEO – or search engine optimisation – is a vital marketing channel for any business. While paid ads and other approaches have their place, SEO is the backbone of your online visibility – ensuring you rank highly in organic search engine results pages (SERPs) and get seen by the right audience at the right time, and in the most unintrusive way.
SEO is also constantly evolving. Your SEO strategy must anticipate and adapt to change.
Core Trends for SEO in 2023
- Title Tag Rewrites – Title tags are essential, and Google will prioritise these, even more, this year and into the future. Google may rewrite title tags and replace them with H1 tags or even text from another page on the site. Improving your site’s title tags may make Google less inclined to alter them.
- Core Web Vitals – these metrics are used to analyse webpages based on three signals: a) Largest Contentful Paint b) First Input Delay and c) Cumulative Layout Shift.Sites need to perform well for each of these metrics without compromising on the site’s overall user experience.
- Link Building remains one of the top three factors for search ranking, however, it is no longer the be-all and end-all of SEO. The relevance and authority of external page links back to your website are much more valuable than link volume.
- Original, Human Content – gone are the days when SEO content was written for Google bots alone. Yes, your content still needs to be easily crawlable by the algorithm, but it must be written with a human audience in mind; high-value and relevant textual content are imperative as a ranking factor. It must also be 100% original and not duplicated in any way. This will help to support your SEO efforts and increase the amount of time visitors spend on your landing pages.
- UX – user experience is paramount – so for SEO success, you need to optimise your website design and development in terms of functionality, navigability, mobile optimisation, intuitiveness, appearance, content relevance and value, and more.
- Local SEO is especially important for service-based businesses that operate within a specific region. If you are a tradesperson, restaurant, café, salon, medical provider, childcare or aged care facility, or any other location-based entity, you can’t afford to ignore local search and local SEO if you want to get seen by and stand out to your potential customers and clients.
A great SEO provider can help you with all of these – and much more.
(These are just a few of many, many SEO trends to watch in 2023. We will address some others in future SEO blog articles throughout the year.)
Why Choose SEOcycle?
Not all marketers are SEO experts (though many tend to believe they are). SEO is much more than tweaking your website and adding keywords to your content (though this is all very important). A lot of marketers and digital companies offer “SEO” services, but unless they have a dedicated team of SEO-specific experienced and expert professionals on staff, you are not likely to maximise your investment in SEO, nor will you achieve the most favourable results.
Only a dedicated professional SEO provider has the comprehensive knowledge, resources, and targeted focus to conduct a complete SEO campaign for optimal results and maximum return on your investment.
SEOcycle is an Australian-owned, Sydney-based specialist SEO company also offering professional website design and development services (delivering unique, SEO-optimised websites), content writing services, and social media management for SEO. With a focus on small and medium-sized businesses and sole traders, we work with clients all over Australia and internationally. We have been operating for more than a decade years specifically in the SEO and content writing niche, with more than twenty years in the wider IT industry.
With no lock-in contracts and unrivalled transparency, we will work with you to understand your business and your goals, and to provide affordable SEO, web design, and writing services that are second to none.
Contact us to learn more – we’d love to partner with you in 2023 to help you bring your business to a bigger audience for a new level of success.